Everything you love about DocSend, now in the physical world
Here at DocSend HQ we’ve nailed document delivery in the digital world. What has remained a challenge is how to translate this experience to the physical world.
Today we’re excited to reveal the fruits of our labor: The DocSend Dachshund Delivery Service.
DocSend was originally born out the need for providing the benefits we used to have with face-to-face communication, ex. understanding others’ body language, tone, general attention, to the way that we communicate now – digitally. Still, there are some cases today where we need to communicate with physical, paper documents, and in those cases we still have no idea what happens to those documents after we send them, nor do we have any control. They’re gone, off into the world, and all we can do is hope that they arrive at our intended destination safely and securely.
We brainstormed all sorts of ways we could tackle the challenge of providing analytics and control for physical documents. Ultimately, in a flash of insight, we realized we just might be able to rely on our furry friends that many folks often mistake our name for: dachshunds.
Dachshunds have the wonderful qualities of determination and average canine intellect. More than that, as they are just one of many kinds of man’s best friend, they understand humans. Homing pigeons may well have been suited for the task of document delivery, although their lack of ability to see eye-to-eye with humans would have been a dealbreaker.
Our initial trials have been incredibly encouraging, and we’re excited for you to give it a try.
Sending a physical document with DocSend Dachshund Delivery is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Go to dachshund.docsend.com to place your delivery request.
- A dachshund will shortly arrive at your door.
- Simply strap your document to the dachshund’s carrier, and your document will be on its way. Relax, your document is in good paws.
- Once your recipient receives the document, our highly trained dachshund will pay close attention as it’s read. This data will be carefully tabulated and reported back to you.
Bonus Feature: Shred After Reading
A benefit many existing DocSend users love is that they can turn off access to a document any time after they’ve sent it. With our new dachshund delivery fleet we’re excited to provide a similar benefit, although in a much more tangible form. At your choosing you can instruct your dachshund deliverer to tear up your document after your recipient has read it, ensuring that no one else will be able to read it again. It’s the perfect way to communicate sensitive information.
Give It a Whirl Today
What are you waiting for? Give it a try to today.
As we begin rolling out our new DocSend Dachshund Delivery service please keep the following in mind:
- Deliveries are limited to a 2-mile radius from the sender. Those little legs can only travel so far.
- Our trusty dachshunds are only so tall, so please no documents heavier than 1 pound (16 oz.) or larger than A4 size.
- As we ramp up in capacity, please limit requests to one at a time. Two dachshunds making a simultaneous delivery would result in a pair o’ dachs (hint: say it quickly).